Monday, September 5, 2011

G Gave Himself a Haircut!!

Today started off as normal.  G wanted to give me a pretend haircut.  The boys love to play haircut.  They take the playdough scissors and pretend to give me, our Firefighter and themselves haircuts.  I always check to see what they are using before they start their haircuts to make sure that they did not take the real scissors.  This morning after G gave me my haircut he wanted to give himself one.  He came back in the living room carrying the water spray bottle and a red pair of plastic scissors.  He likes to use the water spray bottle on his hair because that is what the barber uses when he gives the boys their haircuts.  I looked at the scissors because we have never used the red ones for pretend haircuts.  They were just plastic with no metal for blades in them so I figured that they would be alright.  I had tried to use them on paper awhile back and they pretty much just bent the paper so I figured that it would be fine for a pretend haircut.  Well, I figured wrong!

I needed to run some errands today so while G was giving himself what I thought was a pretend haircut I got dressed and our Firefighter was going to be taking the boys outside to work on the car so everybody was walking back and forth and getting things organized.  When I went to leave I saw that G's hair did not look right but it was wet because he had used the spray bottle to wet it down so I figured that was why it did not look right.  Later, when I came home from my errands, we all had a snack together.  I kept looking at G, who is very fair skinned with very light blonde hair, and something was not right.  His hair still looked like it did when I left except now it was completely dry.  I looked at the top of his head and there it was, the haircut.  I could not believe it.  I just sat there and said "did you cut your hair!?"  He said no, that M had done it.  My Firefighter just looked at me and we both gave each other that "yeah, right" look.

So, at that point what could we do?  Our Firefighter went and got out the hair clippers and fixed it as best as he could.  It was not too bad.  The top front is very short and the part of his hair that is usually on his forhead is now super short.  Fortunately, G's hair and skin color is so light that you do not really notice it and it just sort of looks like it is a super short haircut.

We have now clearly shown and explained to the boys which scissors (the playdough scissors) can be used for their pretend haircuts.  Oh well, his hair will grow back.  The boys were both excited about daddy having to fix G's hair.  We just made an adventure out of it.  Ironically, our Firefighter just took the boys for haircuts last week for preschool that starts this week!

 Here is the part of his hair that he cut.  I asked him if I could take a picture of it and he said yes right away.  He was all excited.  He even put his head down right away when I asked him to so that I could get a better picture.

You can see the chunk in the front that is missing.  I still cannot believe that the blunt plastic scissors actually cut his hair!


He is our Firefighter giving G another haircut to even things out.

G wanted a chance to use the hair clippers but we both told him "No" so he was not too happy about that.  However, when his haircut was done he was very happy with it and both boys were pretty excited.  Good deal that the boys wear their hair short!

Mommy and Daddy are glad that the boys are in bed.  It was a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment